BR Giving program was launched on September 23, 2017 to facilitate the vision of Best Runners (BR) - “to live healthy and improve the lives of underprivileged families”. The goal is to provide a platform to create opportunities for the enthusiastic members and others who are motivated to give back to the society. This program works in tandem with the local shelters and food banks to support their needs. BR encourages not only its members but also others in the community to celebrate their special occasion by giving to the needy.
Help the homeless people
BR GIving program is actively engaged in serving the needy. The members get together once a week to donate food items to the food banks or cook and serve. In the first half of 2018, through BR Giving program members have donated over 4,500 pounds of canned/fresh food and have served meals to over 500 people via cook and serve effort. The program has donated over $5,000 worth of commodities (including food items, gift cards, toiletries etc) to the local non-profits such as:
- Baileys Crossroads Community Shelter, Falls Church, VA
- DC Central Kitchen, Washington, DC
- Embry Rucker Community Shelter, Reston, VA
- Katherine Hanley Family Shelter, Fairfax, VA
- Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice, Inc./Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS), Leesburg, VA
- Loudoun Emergency Homeless Shelter, Leesburg, VA
- Loudoun Hunger Relief Center, Leesburg, VA
- St Timothy’S Food Pantry, Chantilly, VA
LEST MAKE THE WORLD BETTER TOGETHER
On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure.